Updated: Oct 3, 2020
What you need:
Cast Iron Pan
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese
4 cups veggies (optional) I like broccoli and cherry tomato
2 cup meat (optional)
20 oz (small bag) frozen hashbrowns
1. Pre-heat oven to 375
2. Wipe bottom and sides of cast iron pan with olive oil. Smush hash browns inside to along bottom and sides. Salt and pepper
3. Bake for 45 mins.
4. Mix eggs, heavy cream, cheese, veggies, and cooked meat in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
5. Pour into hash brown crust.
6. Bake again for 30-35 minutes.
- Any oil (canola, vegetable oil, olive) will work. So will pam or butter.
- A cast iron pan is required because you can put them in the oven. Regular pans cannot go into the oven because they have plastic on the handles that will melt.
- A "heavy whipping cream" is what is used but if it says "whipping cream" or "heavy cream" that is the same or similar product that will also work.
- You can also use onion, spinach and/or bell pepper for veggies.